Monday, July 17, 2017

A clear distinction

People are fascinated by the ways the girls come together and how they are different. A conversation on my friend Irene's backyard deck will be my illustration from now on.


To frame the conversation that took place, the Girl Scout troop visited Irene's to finish the Plant IP badge. She has a gorgeous, organic, native perennial garden. She's also a landscape architect. She took the girls on a garden tour and was talking about her landscape architecture career. As she talked about her work, we veered off to a conversation about public transportation.


I said, "I always liked taking the CTA when I lived in the city. It was such great people watching."


The brunette twin said, "I will take public transportation when I get older. I like it."


The blond twin said, "I am going to have a chauffer."


And there you have it. Everything you need to know about their personalities in two sentences.

No comments: