Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Privacy please

If there is one thing I really like about the girls growing up it is their new-found desire for privacy. From the time they could move, the girls made sure there was never a moment when they didn't have access to us. Every parent has a story about a time when he/she wanted some privacy to do something crazy, like use the bathroom, change clothes, talk on the phone, etc. 

Now that the girls are growing up a bit, they want more privacy. As parents, this is a welcome development. Other parents told us that there would come a time when we would close the bathroom door and no one would knock on it. They told us there would come a time when the girls would close their doors and not come out for hours. We tried, but we didn't really think it would happen in our house.

I was brushing my teeth this morning and I thought I heard one of the girls come into our bathroom. I did hear her voice, although she was talking to her sister in the hall. I celebrated my new-found privacy by brushing my hair when I was done with my teeth. I know it doesn't sound like much, but there was a time when brushing my teeth and hair in the same bathroom trip sounded like heaven. Now it just is another reminder that the babies are growing up.

No comments: