Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Living on the edge

Our family room is a long, narrow rectangle. On one end is the couch, which faces the TV hung above the fireplace. For whatever reason, people find it hard to walk into the room without touching the couch edge.

After a few years of this, there is a bare spot worn on the edge everyone touches. We certainly knew this was happening. I've been reprimanding everyone who touches the couch as they walk by for what seems like forever. For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone needs to touch the couch edge as they walk by.

I know, I know. It happens. Furniture wears from use. Things happen. It just drives me crazy that the couch isn't that old and we already have a bare spot. There is no real way to repair it. The area will just continue to wear, with the area growing more and more bare.

Now when I go to the fabric store I look for something to cover the area. I haven't found anything yet, but I'm still working on it. The reality is that touching the couch is a habit now. I just have to learn to live with it and figure out how to minimize the damage.

No comments: