Monday, September 28, 2015

Cross country girl ends the season

Today was the conference meet for the cross country team. The blond twin did well, probably matching her personal best. She came home glowing about her performance. 

If I was honest with myself, I'd admit how surprised I was that she loves cross country at the end of the season as much as she did at the beginning. I thought somewhere about the fourth week she'd start to fade, but she didn't. She came home from every practice and meet exhilarated. 

For the blond twin, there was nothing like being on a team. She loved being part of the group. She loved the camaraderie, the work and the competition. It was a wonderful way for her to find her Jr. High place.

After the meet we went to dinner with some friends. One of their daughter's was celebrating her birthday. We sat around a big table eating and laughing and singing. If there was a more perfect way for the cross country girl to end her season, I couldn't think of it.

No comments: