Friday, December 5, 2014

What's old is new again

The brunette twin mentioned that one of her teacher's went to the same high school I attended. He's considerably younger than me, so we didn't know each other then. She mentioned something about him wearing his high school jacket to show the kids. I said, "You can wear mine sometime. It's in the basement."

She lit up. She asked all about it. As soon as we were done with dinner, she wanted to see it. Of course, we started getting ready for school -- making lunches and checking homework. The jacket fell of the "must do" list.

This morning she made a beeline downstairs. She couldn't wait to find the jacket. She asked me about the jacket. I explained the zipper on the hood and why I received a varsity letter. The brunette twin asked a lot of questions about a simple jacket. She wore it to school, leaving the house with a huge smile.

We went to the Morton Arboretum tonight to see "Illumination" It was part art show, part light show and part garden walk. It was very interesting. The brunette twin wore my high school jacket. She was so happy to wear it.

I told her I'd get it dry cleaned if she was going to wear it very often. She gave me a strange look so I said that I'd wait until it was too cold for her to wear it. Even when I wore it there always came a time when winter required something longer and warmer. She smiled.

It's so cure to see her wear it. She's so happy to have it. As we walked out of Walgreen's tonight, she turned to me and said, "I just rock this coat, don't I Mom?" I smiled. It is certainly adorable on her. It's also fun to see my high school jacket on our daughter. I guess what's old is really new again -- at least for the brunette twin.

No comments: