Monday, June 9, 2014

Gardening injuries don’t make for good stories

I hurt my knee recently. It hurt enough that I limped a bit for a few days. The first few days I wore one of those elastic knee braces to support it.

People kept asking what I did, so I told the story, which is:
I was at our church’s garden work day when I lost my balance while trying to dig a hole. I lost my balance, hitting my left knee on the hard ground.
It’s not a gory story with blood or broken bones. I don’t have a big, bulky brace or crutches. I don’t even have a bruise. I’m glad I didn’t need to visit the emergency room or walk with crutches. It’s not really a complaint as much as an observation.
Injuring your knee gardening isn’t the kind of story that evokes sympathy, no matter how much it hurts.

No comments: