Monday, December 9, 2013

It's not a party room

Just before we were supposed to walk out the door this morning the girls started screaming at me from upstairs. I didn't quite understand at first because they were both yelling at the same time. I ran upstairs to find the brunette twin in tears outside the bathroom saying "I'm sorry" over and over again. I immediately knew what was wrong.

For some reason the girls have a nasty habit of clogging the toilet lately. This was just the latest incident. I looked at them and said, "It's a bathroom, not a party room." Immediately after the girls ran downstairs to find the plunger while I tried to clean up the overflow.

They have to go into the bathroom together. They stay in there with the door closed sharing secrets and laughing. Sometimes we hear loud, belly laughs. Whatever they are talking about they find hysterical. I used to find it adorable.

The problem is they forget why they are there. They don't pay attention to the details, like how much toilet paper they are using and flushing the toilet completely. The result is Mommy or Daddy end up with a plunger in our hands was too often lately.

We're going to have to create a rule that only one of them goes into the bathroom at a time. It's time the party room went back to its original use as a place to do your personal business in private.

No comments: