Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Let them eat cake

For my birthday the girls made both a cake and cupcakes. We already had a blueberry pie and brownies that we made last weekend. Our kitchen looked like a sweet shop.

We got up early this morning to take Daddy to the train. Our routine is to run through Dunkin Donuts to get Daddy coffee and treat the girls to donuts for breakfast. It's a reward for them getting up, dressed and into the car in a reasonable timeframe.

This morning the girls just didn't move quickly. Daddy missed his target train. We set our sights on the next train. We made it out of the house in time to get Daddy to the train. We didn't have enough time to drive through Dunkin' Donuts.

As we were driving I said, "You girls can have cake when we get home. How's that for a fun, birthday breakfast?" Daddy said, "Cake for breakfast?"

I laughed as I said, "Yeah, because donuts are so much more nutritious than cake." He smiled and got out of the car.

When we arrived at home I cut some cake, added a banana to the plate, poured a glass of milk and called it breakfast.

Hey, it's not the breakfast of champions, but for my birthday I can have whatever I want, right?

No comments: