Friday, August 9, 2013

A food optional day

This is for you my darling Brunette Twin.

Overheard at our house...

Brunette Twin:  "When are we eating lunch? I'm starving."

Mom:  "It's 5:00 p.m. We already ate lunch."

Brunette Twin:  "No we didn't. I'm starving. I want to eat lunch now."

Mom:  "What do you mean we didn't eat lunch? Of course we did. We had...."

Brunette Twin: "Nothing."

Mom:  "Oh crumb. You're right. We didn't eat lunch. Well, it's too late now. We're eating dinner in a little bit."

Brunette Twin:  "That's not fair. I'm hungry now for lunch."

Mom:  "Well, you should have thought about that when I asked if you wanted to eat lunch."

Brunette Twin:  "Did your parents ever forget to feed you?"

Mom:  "I'm sure they did and I survived, so will you."

Brunette Twin:  "You better write this on your blog. You always write stuff that we do on the blog. You need to write that you forgot to feed your children."

Mom:  "And yet you survived this long without food."



2 comments:

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

Today my kids slept late and then they didn't want to eat for a long time after they woke up. By the time they got around to eating, it was lunchtime. However, they thought it was breakfast. So as they were putting their dishes away, I told them no more food until dinner and they both looked at me like I was a monster. "You aren't going to feed us lunch today?!" Umm you just ate lunch because it is noon, dear child. lol

Anonymous said...

If my son is hungry, he can make his own lunch. Why is that you forgot to feed her? Isn't it that she forgot to eat?

JK