Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Showers are boring

I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden the blond twin is complaining that everything is boring. Recently she looked at me, rolled her eyes and said, "Showers are boring. Why do I have to take a shower?"

I shot back, "Life is boring, Go take a shower."

Dinner is boring. Grocery shopping is boring. School is boring. Homework is boring. Everything is boring unless it's exactly what she wants to do at that very moment.

A friend said, "Oh, yeah. You have a tween."

It's not like we didn't know it was coming. It's just that we foolishly hoped to have a bit more time before everything became boring.

The brunette twin hasn't said it yet, but that's because her sister gets into trouble everytime she says it. I'm sure the brunette twin thinks everything is boring too. She's just not going to follow her sister and get in trouble as well.

The beauty of boring is it is an good learning moment. Now whenever they talk about wanting to be older I point out that lots of things are boring when you are older. Taking care of your house? Boring. Work? Boring. Paying bills? Boring.

I always tell them not to grow up too fast. They yearn to be older, but whenever I point out that lots of things adults do are just plain boring they seem a bit happier to be kids.

No comments: