Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It is 22 outside and our windows are open

I walked into our house this evening and my eyes started watering. I started coughing. The smell was overwhelming. I opened a window.

Our girls have discovered perfume. They love to spritz their pillows with one of the body sprays that come with the scented body lotion kits. They received some tween perfume for Christmas. They wear it daily.

The problem is they don't seem to have a sense of smell. They spray so much it makes me gag. They just love to smell it.

How they could spray so much perfume and not realize how strong it smelled baffles me. I'm not kidding when I say that my eyes started watering as soon as I opened the door between our garage and our house. So, now it's 22 degrees outside and I have the kitchen window open. Our furnace has been running nonstop since I opened the window. I'll do anything to air out the house.

I think it's better in here, but I'm not sure. My nose stings from the perfume hanging in the air. Even if the smell went away, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Do you have any coffee beans? Sniffing coffee beans scent is supposed to help clear smells that are "Stuck" in your nose.