Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Streak is About to End

I thought we might get through their childhood without going to Chuck E. Cheese.  I've successfully convinced the girls it was too far away for us to just visit.  For seven and one-half years I was able to get away with this.  I guess I just hoped we'd get through another year or so without spending time with the germs, noise, mess, etc.  Oops, I mean the games, life-like bears and pizza.  At that point the girls and their friends would be too old for Chuck E. Cheese. 

My luck ran out.  This Saturday we break the streak.  The girls are going to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.  The birthday girl only invited six children, so it would be hard for us not to attend.  We don't really have anything else going on.  It's just that I don't want to go.

Of course I will take the girls to the party.  I know they will play games, watch the show, eat too much pizza, have fun and talk about it for days. 

My husband doesn't have to go.  I got him out of it because he has to stay home and watch the dog.  It's the least I can do for him.

2 comments:

Missy said...

When my kids were younger we would go to Chuck E. Cheese on a Tuesday or some other weeknight. Now granted my hometown has a much smaller population than Chicago, but the place was pretty much empty on those weeknights. Maybe only a couple of other families. We were able to really play with the kids, and those times are some of my favorite memories from my kids' younger days. Now if only the memories of the pizza were as fond...

Noelle said...

Ugh...the same thing happened to us. One of our closest friends had their birthday party at Chuck E Cheese in December and there was just no way we could get out of it. First time and hopefully the last! I don't mind Fat Cats or Boondocks but there's just something about Chuck E Cheese that drives me crazy!