Thursday, February 24, 2011

Surprise Party

The girls are attending a surprise birthday party this Saturday for their friend Sarah.  One of the moms of another girl attending said, "I don't know how my daughter will keep it a secret.  How are you going to keep the girls from telling Sarah?"

I said, "I'm not telling them until we're driving to Sarah's house."  She said, "Oh, I never thought of that."

Really?  These are seven-year-old girls.  Why would you tell them about a birthday party and then say, "It's a surprise.  Don't tell Sarah?" 

We're the adults.  It's just easier for us to keep the secret than it is for a bunch of seven-year-olds.  Maybe I'm wrong, but at least that's how it works in our house. 

1 comment:

Julie K said...

You're not wrong... it just that common sense isn't as common as you'd think.