Friday, February 18, 2011

Side by Side

The brunette twin is a finicky eater.  She's the kind of child who looks at mac-n-cheese and declares she doesn't like it because the noodles "look funny."  She can make any meal a nightmare simply because of one ingredient. 

Don't get me wrong.  She will eat whatever is put in front of her.  We don't run a short order cafe at mealtime in this house.  She makes it difficult, though.

Recently the blond twin set the table so that she sat right next to her twin.  I told her to move the chairs back to their normal places.  She countered with, "I'll make sure Sissy eats if she sits right next to me."

I happily took that deal.  I didn't think it would make a difference, but I went with her logic.  You know what?  The brunette twin has been better since she has been sitting next to her sister.  I don't know why it works and in all honesty I don't care.  If letting them sit side by side makes our meals more pleasant, I'm all for it.

3 comments:

Tracey - Just Another Mommy Blog said...

I'm with you there! As long as the whining and griping is lessened, they can eat standing on their heads for all I care!

Cottongirl7 said...

Sweet! Glad its working for whatever reason. Our girls sit right next to eachother too and the do encourage eachother. Maybe its a twin thing like so many others. :)

Noelle said...

Can I borrow one of your girls?! My daughter won't eat if her food is touching the other food on her plate. But maybe she will with a twin right next to her?! lol