Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Lessons

We're embarking on a new adventure today.  The girls are taking their first piano lesson.  We inherited a piano from my grandmother, so it's natural for them to start taking lessons.

For me the biggest part of the adventure is we're breaking the Saturday lessons barrier.  I always resisted putting the girls into Saturday lessons.  Since I work from home, I always had them take lessons during the week.  I find those lessons are less crowded and more relaxed than Saturday classes.

With their current school schedule, we couldn't find a place/time to take piano lessons during the week.  No matter how we tried to work out the calendar, a weekday lesson meant the girls were either rushing immediately after school or staying up late.  It's crazy enough during the week since they don't get home until nearly 4:00 p.m.  I wasn't eager to add to the stress.

The only answer was a Saturday lesson.  The new teacher comes highly recommended from a friend and seems quite nice.  I'm sure the girls will enjoy lessons.  I'm not sure that I'm going to enjoy working the rest of our Saturday plans around an ongoing lesson.  I know it's the price you pay for your choices.  If we want well-rested girls during the school week, we have to give up a couple of hours on Saturday morning. 

1 comment:

Tracey - Just Another Mommy Blog said...

I hope it goes well! Week nights are tricky, and it's hard to know which is the right fit for a family. Good luck!