Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One Quilt Down

When the girls were little, I started keeping favorite shirts so that I'd be able to turn them into a quilt one day.  At first it was going to be a baby quilt, but as time went by it grew into a twin size quilt.  Eventually I had enough that I could make the quilt tops. 

I was a little worried about which quilt to start quilting first.  I didn't want either girl to think I was playing favorites by working on her quilt first.  The problem resolved itself when one of the sheets I wanted to use as a quilt backing was on back-order. 

The past few months, I've been quilting the brunette twin's top.  On New Year's Eve, I finally finished quilting the brunette twin's quilt.  She woke up under it on the first day of 2011.

I promised the blond twin I'd start on her quilt on Grampa's birthday -- January 15.  Even though I'd really like to get her quilt finished too, I need a little break between projects. 

One down, one to go. 

No comments: