Monday, December 13, 2010

This Year's Christmas Gift Flub

Every year I manage to screw up a Christmas present.  A couple of years ago my husband brought his golf club in from the front porch.  I thought it was coming UPS, but it came USPS.  See, the difference is UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday, but USPS does.

This year my screw-up has been smaller.  I ordered these funky night lights that are like bubble lights, but with glitter and stars.  The purple one came in the mail a couple of weeks ago.  The pink one came in the mail a couple of days ago.  I left it on the breakfast bar after I opened the package.  I forgot about it.

When we came back from the bus, the brunette twin picked up the night light and said, "Hey, this is cool."

My first thought was to let her take it upstairs right away, but I resisted.  I put it with its twin in the closet.  I'm going to wrap-up both night lights and put them under the tree.  When the girls open the presents, the brunette twin will recognize it, but I'll say, "You haven't seen it before."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Cottongirl7 said...

I always seem to have one mess up too. Some years, its more than one. Doesn't sound like yours was all that bad this year though. :) I haven't had mine yet so far, so I'm sure it's coming my way. :)