Monday, November 8, 2010

Even Oreo Hates Mondays

Oreo hates Mondays.  I used to think he was just feeding off my desire for permanent weekends, but now I realize he has his own reasons to dislike Mondays.  He doesn't like when we all go back to work/school.

On the weekends we're all around, drowning him with attention.  If he's not playing with the girls, he's in the backyard with us while we work in the yard or taking a walk with my husband.  It's a love-fest for a dog who thinks he should always be the center of attention.

I'll admit his quest for never-ending attention is our fault.  When he came home, we all played with him as often as possible.  I'm not sure the girls have paid attention to any of their toys since he came into the house.  As soon as they get up in the morning, they immediately play with Oreo.

Come Monday, it's just me and the dog.  He spends the first part of the day trying to get me to play with him.  By lunch he's resigned to the fact that I won't spend all my time with him.  He parks himself right next to my desk, though, just in case. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleepy ALWAYS spent the whole day under my mom's desk right near her feet!
xoxo Jen

Michelle said...

Gotta love the eternal optimism of dogs! Poor thing.... I think our cats feel the same way - they're essentially dogs in cats' bodies and really miss not having us around as often during the week.