Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Simple Dedication

I'm working with Carrie at Blog to Books to turn this blog into a book for the girls.  After all, it's why I write the blog.  Someday I want them to be able to look back at what was happening and remember all their growing up adventures.

The work is completely stalled right now because I cannot come up with a dedication for each girl.  It seems so simple.  All I have to do is write a couple of sentences and send them to Carrie.  For someone who can write paragraphs about some little thing that happened during the day, this should be easy.

It's not.

I have a dozen drafts started, but none of them say exactly what I want to say.  This could be because I don't know exactly what to say.  If I had a clear vision of what I wanted to say it would be easy.  I have variations on a theme, yet it's not quite what I want to put at the beginning of a book I hope they will have forever. 

I'd like to give the girls the books for Christmas, so I need to get moving.

3 comments:

Tracey - Just Another Mommy Blog said...

Maybe you should say that. Say something like "I never seem to have enough words to tell you how much you mean to me..." etc.

Tracey - Just Another Mommy Blog said...

Maybe you should say that. Say something like "I never seem to have enough words to tell you how much you mean to me..." etc.

Julie K said...

How about"Remember... this was done with love. I hope I didn't embarrass you. Love, Mom"?