Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Things I Cannot Say to the Dog Anymore

When I'm mad at Oreo, I say things just to let off steam.  He's a dog.  He has no idea what I'm saying, but it makes me feel better.  Unfortunately, some of the things I've said to Oreo cause the girls to cry because they think I'm serious.

I realize how seriously they were taking my rants when I said something about how much fun Oreo will have in the snow this winter.  The brunette twin replied, "Who cares.  You'll take him back to the shelter before then."

Here's my list of the top three things I can no longer say to Oreo:

1.  If you pee in the house again dog, I will just kill you.
2.  You could be a garage dog, you know.  There's no reason you ever need to come into this house.
3.  Don't push me dog.  I'll take you back. 

So, next time he pees a small lake in the foyer, then runs through it in fear because he's been caught and drags it throughout the entire first floor of our house, I've been told I have to say, "It's okay Oreo.  You're just a puppy.  We need to train you not to pee in the house."  (One thing about our first floor, you can run in circles for a long time, especially when you are afraid.  Just ask Oreo.)

Let's be honest for a moment.  If the girls are home, I'll say something like that.  If they are not home, I'll threaten to take the dog back to the shelter and put him in the garage while I clean up the lake and wash all the floors on the first floor.  I realize yelling at the dog doesn't really help anything, but it does make me feel better as I'm on my hands and knees cleaning up dog pee -- again.

1 comment:

Cottongirl7 said...

Yikes, twin girls and a puppy? You are a brave soul. Ive had the same problem with our boxer though. Ill yell at her and twin girls start crying because they think they are in trouble. Georgie the wondermutt as I call her also hates to be yelled at and then hides under the table. Then the girls crawl under the table to join her. It's awesome. Maybe you could make a code word like....cattywampus...or discombobulated... that you know means "you rotten little hairy puddle maker Ill take you back." I know it sounds silly, but sometimes I do it. Good luck with the puppy. :)