Thursday, July 1, 2010

July Already?

Summer is supposed to be carefree and easy, but I'm feeling a lot of pressure these days.  The girls are about half-way through their summer vacation.  There is so much stuff we want to do.  At this point I wonder if we'll get it all in.

The problem we're running into is that what we want to do is really seasonal.  We want to get to a concert at Millennium Park.  We want to get to the sculpture exhibit and play in the children's garden at the Morton Arboretum.  We want to visit some friends at their new summer house in Michigan. 

Some of the things on our list, like bike riding in the forest preserves, can wait until fall.  As long as we don't have ice on the paths, we can ride.

It's just the true summer stuff that we seem to be running out of time to complete.  Maybe it's because I just received a back to school shopping email today that this is front of mind.  In my world, summer is just getting started.  In other places, it's already over.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

We got our back to school registration info and I thought sheez! Can't they at least wait until June is over? Then I remembered it's only 4 checks still school starts and thought I better get cracking! sigh...

Julie K said...

I know what you mean... I can't even remember June! Don't say it feels 1/2 over (that's depressing), rather it's just a 1/3 over. Two months to go until they are back in school!

Nicki said...

I feel the same way! Summer definitely seems to be going too fast. In Chicago there is just so much pressure to enjoy it while it lasts, because you know after this comes another nine months of freezing weather! ;)