Friday, May 7, 2010

Sharing Gramma's Chair

We are doing a bit of rearranging, so we sold both of our couches.  This lead to a few nights on the dining room chairs while we watched television.  Let's just say our dining room chairs are fine for a meal, but not for a few hours. 

While we were without any real seating, my parents came by to watch the girls for a couple of hours.  I was worried about where my parents would sit, but I should have only been worried about my Dad.

You know those little recliners you see for young children? We have one.  Mom and Dad bought it for the oldest grandchildren (who are now in college) and it has been passed down until it made it to our house.  It's green and really does recline.

As I was getting ready to leave, I walked in the living room and found my Mom sitting in it.  Yep.  She is so small that she fits in the children's recliner.

The girls thought this was the funniest thing ever.  They like to measure themselves against Gramma.  Right now they are at her shoulders.  Odds are good they will be as tall or taller than her by third grade.  When your Gramma is about 4' 10" and you have always been tall for your age, it's not hard to believe that they girls will be taller than her by third grade.  After all, the brunette twin is already 50" tall.

Today they were playing in the living room and one of them said, "Hey, get out of Gramma's chair."

I laughed because the picture in my head is still so funny.  How many kindergarteners can share a children's chair with their Gramma?

1 comment:

eatmisery said...

My mother is 4'10" and she frequently sits in my kids' chairs. I know exactly how you feel. Heh.