Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break

Finally the girls are on Spring Break.  I couldn't be happier.  I know I'm supposed to complain that they are going to be underfoot for a week, but I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm happy we won't have to run to catch the bus in the morning.  Lately getting the girls out of the house in the morning has been a chore.  Usually we just run through the neighbor's backyard, but lately it's been mushy and muddy, so we have to walk "the long way."  This adds five minutes to our routine, which doesn't sound like much until you are trying to get two children out of the house.

I'm happy we won't have to worry about remembering juice for breaks, gym shoes for gym class or books for library day.  It will be nice to just wake up and let them play all day in their pajamas if they want.  We do still have after school programs like dance and gymnastics.  For the most part, we're free from normal scheduling.

The girls can wake up when they want, play when they want, and eat when they want.  We don't have to watch the clock until late in the day.

Even though I still have to work, it's a nice break from the everyday routine. Of course, being Chicago, Spring Break is starting with some snow.  No one said Spring Break actually came with Spring weather.

No comments: