Saturday, March 13, 2010

Flash Forward

You know how people always talk about having a flash back?  I had a flash forward today in the dentist's office.

The girls had their teeth cleaned today.  I was standing there listening to the dental hygienist talk about how vitamins and sealants prevent kids from getting cavities.  I kept wishing they had things like topical vitamins and molar sealants when I was a child.  It would have saved me a lot of time in the dentist's chair -- or at least I think it would have.  Anyway...

The brunette twin was getting her teeth cleaned.  She's our nervous girl, so her sister held one hand and I held the other.  Daddy managed to escape the fun for a minute.

I heard the blond twin saying, "It's okay Sissy.  You are doing a very good job.  You're almost done.  It's just about over. What a good girl.  You really are doing a very good job."

I stopped and flashed forward.  I realized that when the brunette twin has children, she'll have both her husband and her sister in the delivery room with her.  I don't know what her husband will be doing, but today I heard her sister rehearsing her lines.

4 comments:

Noelle said...

I love this post. You blog so beautifully about your girls.

I had a flash forward moment the other day, too...but not as sweet as yours! I was watching my 5 year old and her equally cute little friend with a mischevious light in their eyes, giggling and sneaking off together. All I could see was two 16-year-olds with a car, sneaking out to meet boys!

Shari said...

Noelle:

Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoy the blog. I like reading the comments. It's like online group therapy, isn't it?

Shari

Rachel said...

That is just precious!

Janna said...

Oh how sweet! I love watching my B care for her babies. She's such a thoughtful mother already:)

And in reply to your comment on Feed Me Bks Fri. I'm glad so many parents put reading as a priority as well. Reading to your child should always be the "in" thing to do.