Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Self-Discipline

Overhead at our house...

Mom:  "Where is your sister?"

Blond Twin:  "Oh, Sissy put herself on time out."

Mom:  "Really?  Why?"

Blond Twin:  "I don't know.  She said she was bad."

Mom:  "Okay, I'll ask.  What did she do?"

Blond Twin:  "I don't know.  She wouldn't tell me."

Mom:  "Okay, please go up stairs and ask her to come down and talk to me."

A few minutes pass...

Blond Twin:  "She said she'll come down when she's off time out."

Mom:  "How long will that be?"

Blond Twin:  "I don't know.  I'm going to color until she comes down."

A few minutes pass...

Brunette Twin:  "Hi Mom."

Mom:  "Where have you been?"

Brunette Twin:  "I put myself on time out."

Mom:  "Why?"

Brunette Twin:  "I did something bad and I knew you'd put me on time out, so I did it myself.  You were busy on the phone.  I didn't want to bother you."

Mom:  "Okay, well...what did you do?"

Brunette Twin:  "I don't want to talk about it, but I won't do it again.  I'm going to color with Sissy."

2 comments:

Nicki said...

LOL... I wish Little Bear would put herself in time-out when she needed it! Did you evr find out what she did?

Adventure Mom Janna said...

How hilariously sweet! We should all be so disciplined.

Blissdom was nice. You should consider going.