Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Color Career Counselor

Here's something just for fun...

I took the Color Career Counselor test after reading about it in USA Today.  It was shockingly accurate for my first and second career options.  My results are below.  If you take the test, let me know if it was as accurate for you.

*******************************************

Welcome Shari

The Dewey Color System® is now the world's most accurate career testing instrument.

This report based on your personality traits indicates your two most enjoyable day-day-day occupation skills. It’s a summary of the full report, the Color Leadership Evaluation 5.0.  “Studies indicate workplace enjoyment is the key to success. So as you read, consider only “Was I mostly having fun at work?” Disregard your present and past employer’s environment.

Best Occupational Category

You're a CREATOR

Keywords -- Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.
CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.


2nd Best Occupational Category
You're a SOCIAL MANAGER

Keywords:  Tactful, Cooperative, Generous, Understanding, Insightful, Friendly, and Cheerful

This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing responsibilities, and being the center of attention. Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people. They discuss and consider feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide, organize and enlighten others.

3 comments:

eatmisery said...

I'm a creator (an English teacher) and an organizer (um, hello, I have four kids! One has to be organized for that!). Heh.

Noelle said...

Mine came out so completely opposite of my personality, likes, and strengths I couldn't believe it!

LauraC said...

I finally did this! It has been starred in my google reader forever.

AGAIN it says I should be an accountant or a financial analyst. I have been getting the same results (accountant) since I was in high school.