Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Waiting...

I might be a bit crazy, but I am actually kind of excited about the weather forecast.  The latest is that we are getting between 6 and 10 inches of snow tonight.  We should wake up tomorrow with a lot of snow on the ground.

I know.  I'm crazy.  Most people are willing the snow not to fall.  Me?  I'm waiting for it.

The thing is the girls LOVE the snow.  They cannot get enough of playing in the snow.  They will be so happy to have so much snow. 

I'll even shovel it.  I like to shovel snow. 

If this turns out to be another bust where the news hypes the upcoming snowfall for days and then we get a dusting, I'll be so diappointed.

Yikes!  What is wrong with me?

3 comments:

Julie K said...

I'm with you. We did more sledding around Chrismtas time (before the temps dropped to brutal cold) than we did all of last year. I'm hoping for lots of snow, and temps in the mid-upper 20s so we can go sledding. Not worth having the snow if you can't play in it. Thank goodness for snowblowers... forget the shovel when it's that much!

eatmisery said...

I heard we'd get about 2" overnight and then another 6" all day tomorrow, followed by another 2" Friday. I don't think all of it will fall tonight, but I did hear that it would be an inch or more an hour tomorrow.

I'm excited, too. And happy that I don't have to go out anywhere.

Missy said...

C'mon down to Kansas. We got another four inches last night to go on top of the 10 or so inches that have been on the ground since Christmas. To go along with it we have high temps in the single digits with 20-30 mph winds which net a wind chill around -15 to -20 below zero. I can't remember the last time it got any warmer than maybe 25 degrees. Pretty much every school within a 75-100 mile readius is closed, mainly due to the cold I think. So we have had lots of lovely snow, but it has been so horribly cold that we have had very little opportunity to go out and play in it. Don't even talk to me about what this weather is doing to my business.

I think I am done ranting now. Hope you get your snow and it is nice enough to go play!