Friday, November 27, 2009

How Much do I Hate Black Friday?

I hate everything about Black Friday.  I would rather pay more than get up at 4:00 a.m. to stand in line -- in a crowd -- to fight for some item.  And, since you know how frugal I am, you know how much I must hate Black Friday.

I also dislike the phrase "Black Friday."  It's so overused now that I cannot stand to hear it.

What are we doing on Black Friday?  We're going to put up our Christmas tree and decorations.  We'll hang out at home most of the day.  In the late afternoon, we might visit a neighboring suburb's Christmas Walk.

Of course, I'm done with my Christmas shopping, so I'm not feeling any shopping stress at all.  I hope your Black Friday is as relaxing and enjoyable as ours.

6 comments:

Julie K said...

I couldn't agree with you more... we statyed in PJs all day, made our annual gingerbread house (and added a gingerbread tree this year),got the Chrismtas decorations out and put up the Christmas tree.

Nap Warden said...

I couldn't agree more. I can not think of a reason in the world why I would go shopping today:P

Rachel said...

I went and I shopped. BUT it was only because I couldn't find what I was looking for until I opened one of the ads and saw it. Had I been able to find it I probably wouldn't have gone. This year wasn't too bad.

Missy said...

Yup with you on this one. Especially about the name Black Friday.
I swear to Christmas I heard that term used so many times Friday I thought my head would explode.

Noelle said...

We spent Black Friday the same way...putting up the tree and decorating for Christmas. Although I did sneak out around noon for an awesome deal on a digital picture frame :) But get up at 4 a.m. to save $7 on a toy? Never!

melanie said...

we skipped black friday too. and what a depressing name for it...why did they call it that? it certainly doesn't inspire me to shop!

we had a wonderful time at my mom's house putting up her decorations. the kids were so excited, it was wonderful!