Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Great Bargain Gift

I was browsing through the zillions of catalogues that have been showing up daily in the mailbox when I found the best Christmas deal. (Somehow I still get a zillion catalogues, even though I’m always taking myself off the mailing lists and I’m on the Direct Marketing Association’s do not contact list.)

Garnet Hill has a shopper bag for only $10. The great part is they will monogram the solid color bags for free. It's an adorable bag that comes in numerous colors and patterns. The bag looks great and costs a little. What’s not to like?

Yes, I ordered some for Christmas presents. I had to call the 800 number as the web site was not coding the free monogramming correctly.  The nice customer service representative handled my order quickly and apologized for the web site error.  It was easy. 

No, I don't have a financial interest in Garnet Hill. It's a catalogue I like to see so I can see how the "other half" lives. Even if my bank account suddenly overflowed with extra funds, I doubt I could bring myself to spend $300 on a cashmere sweater. It's just not in my DNA.


What is in my DNA is the desire to share a great deal when I find one. Now, go, shop, and be frugal.

1 comment:

Nap Warden said...

I love the Garnet Hill catalog. No, I can't afford anything in it...but it all looks so luxurious...