Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crayons and Other School Supplies

Since so many people asked, here's an update on the 16-count box of Crayons. I never did find them in a store, but when I vented on the blog, several kind people sent me links for online sources. I checked out a few, decided it wasn't worth the shipping and handling charges and moved on. I was perfectly fine sending them to school with the 24-count Crayons. It's just the kind of wild, rule-breaker I am.

One day, my wise and wonderful husband came home with four 16-count boxes of Crayons. Using the kind of out-of-the-box thinking most companies talk about, he didn't look for the Crayons in the school supply aisle. He was in the local Walgreen's and decided to take a walk down the games/toys aisle. There he found the Crayons. Once again he saved the day.

Yesterday all the supplies went to school with the girls. Their backpacks weighed nearly as much as they do. I kept waiting for one of them to fall backwards while we waited for the bus.

In the backpack after school we found a list of other supplies the teacher needs for the classroom. I realize that even in our well-funded school district teachers don't have enough money for everything they want or need, so I'm okay with the extra supplies. Plus, it's not like she wants anything outrageous. Here's the list:

  • Play Dough
  • Zip Lock baggies
  • Dry Erase markers
  • Paper Towels
  • Water Color Paints

Some of these things we already have in the house. (And, let me tell you how happy I will be to get some of the unopened Play Dough out of the house.) Others we'll buy at Target next time we're there. Nothing is expensive or hard to find, so we're happy to contribute. The good news is the school supply rush is over until next year. Let the learning begin!

No comments: