Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why are you nice to him?

Overheard at our house...

Mom: "One more time and you'll be on time out. Clean up that mess. Do you understand me?"

Brunette Twin: "Yes."

Mom: "What do you want to do about dinner?"

Dad: "I thought we were going to finish the leftovers from Monday night. We might as well clean out the stuff."

Mom: "Okay. I'll make the girls' peanut butter sandwiches and cut up an apple."

Brunette Twin: "That's not fair. Why are you nice to him and not to us?"

Mom: "I'm mad at you. Once you behave, I'll be nice to you too."

Brunette Twin to Blond Twin: "That's not fair. She should be mean to all of us."

Blond Twin: "Shhhh. Mom is going to hear you and we'll be in more trouble."

Brunette Twin: "No she isn't. She's busy."

Mom: "Yes I hear you and you are about to get into more trouble."

Both Twins: Complete silence.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I think its funny that they wanted you to be MEAN to everyone, instead of saying you should be NICE to everyone! I guess they thought they deserved the meanness but wanted their dad to suffer too???