Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Power of Daddy

The girls have had a really fun week. Between friends and family, our backyard has been full whenever the weather allowed. They are tired. I mean that kind of whiney, snappy, clingy tired that drains you just listening to it.

This morning we were out running errands when we snapped. I looked at my husband and said, "We are going to regret this when we try to put them to bed tonight, but they are napping this afternoon." He agreed. If they sleep more than 15 minutes during the day, it makes getting them to sleep at night a mess. They just don't want to go to bed at a reasonable time.

This morning, I didn't care. I said, "I didn't wake you up so early, so don't make me pay for it all day. You could have slep later, but you didn't, so stop being crabby" so many times this morning that I felt like a recording.

I put them down for a nap and about 45 minutes later, they woke up. They went downstairs and said, "Daddy, did we sleep enough?" He said, "No, go back to sleep."

And they did.

Seriously, they went back upstairs, crawled back into bed and went back to sleep. The blond twin slept another hour. The brunette twin is still sleeping.

They would never do this for me. They would start to negotiate how much longer they needed to sleep. For Daddy, they just turned around and went back to bed.

Since we're headed into Father's Day, it seems like a good time to honor the power of Daddy. His word is golden. They adore him and listen to him. There's nothing I like better than watching them together because he's such a good role model for them. If it's true that little girls model their future dating relationships on their relationship with their father, then our girls are in good shape.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Daddies rule :)

pehpot said...

The same thing goes here, when Daddy says it, Daddy says it lol

Happy Father's Day to your hubby!

Make or Break