Thursday, July 24, 2008

Women's Health Registry

We know that too many medical protocols are based on men's health studies. Here's an easy way for women to do their part to make sure women's health issues are better represented. Northwestern University is doing a long-term study on women's health.

It's really easy to participate. You can go online to fill out the information or call for paper forms. You answer all the questions and submit it to the Women's Health Registry. Once a year you'll be asked to update your health status. If they are doing a study about a particular illness or condition, you might be asked for additional information.

I filled out the paper forms and it didn't take very long. I don't know if I'll be called for any individual studies, but if I do, I'll participate. I like to think I'm doing my part to make sure our girls have a healthy future.

Of course, it's all voluntary, so you can provide as little or as much information as you want. Registry staff can be contacted at 800.984.IWHR or at whregistry@northwestern.edu. Check it out today!

No comments: