- The daughter who whines when you walk all around the grocery store will be a trooper on the trails as long as she can pick our her own "super cute" hiking outfit.
- Always pack more snacks than you think you need.
- The daughter who can play all day and never stop will whine on the trail.
- After you get lost on the trail, your daughters will always question your ability to read a map.
- Sometimes a 3 mile hike requires a call to find your way back.
- The bridge that seems to go nowhere is often the quickest way back.
- Bug spray is the best thing ever invented.
- Waterfalls require lots of rain. Somehow all the Midwest rains missed Starved Rock.
- Horse trails are only fun if you are on a horse.
- Nature is amazing.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Here are some things I learned after a long weekend at Starved Rock, one of our beautiful state parks: