Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wardrobde Upgrade Needed

On a typical warm day, I wear a t-shirt and shorts. I don't look cute and summery like the ads. I look more functional -- clean but not stylish -- and ready to clean the floor at a moment's notice. Remember, we have four-year-old twins. The floor doesn't look quite as bad as when they were learning to eat, but some days it's not much better.

A client recently sent me their newest product. It's called a Lollygag Bag. It's completely adorable and functional for they way we live. The problem is it is so cute I don't have anything to wear with it.

No, I'm serious about this. The bag is the kind of thing cute, stylish women take to the Farmer's Market or the beach. It's huge so I could put a full day's worth of the girls' stuff in it. It's yellow, which I have been told is the hot summer color here in the US. Now I'm outfitted with an adorable, stylish, functional bag that is too cute for what's in my closet.

I'm embarrassed now by my daily wardrobe. I feel like the bag deserves better accessories than my denim shorts and t-shirt. It has inspired me to make attempts to look more presentable in public. I'm still not sure I pull it off, but for the bag's sake, I'm trying.

No comments: