Saturday, June 28, 2008

Things I Wish I Never Had to Say Again

I feel like I say the same things over and over again every day. Some days I snap at the girls because I'm repeating the same things I said the day before. I realize they are only four, but I'm already tired of some phrases I'm going to be saying for quite a while yet. The sad part is, as soon as I say one of these things, the girls start to giggle. They think it's funny that I repeat myself.

Here are some I wish I never had to say again:

  • Those shoes are on the wrong feet
  • Yes, you have to eat your (insert a food here)
  • Stop carrying your sister
  • Don't tap your sister with the princess wand
  • Your sister is talking. Don't talk louder. Wait until she is done
  • You need to wait your turn
  • Are you listening to me?
  • You're four. You don't get to be in charge
  • Don't roll your eyes at me
  • What is in your mouth?
  • Asking me the same question over and over again doesn't get you a different answer
  • Why did I have to say your name so many times before you answered?
  • It's too cold/hot/rainy/etc. to wear that shirt/pants/sweater/coat

5 comments:

Julie K said...

If it’s any consolation, you’ll get to change #8 in your list annually. As a Mom of a boy, I’ll be glad when I don’t have to say “watch where you pee… aim INTO the toilet”.

Julie K said...

If it’s any consolation, you’ll get to change #8 in your list annually. As a Mom of a boy, I’ll be glad when I don’t have to say “watch where you pee… aim INTO the toilet”.

Dana said...

I feel your pain. I've been saying "Because I SAID SO!" a lot these days. We've entered the "why" stage in our house. It's driving me crazy.

Nicki said...

I definitely can relate! Especially to the "You're four, you don't get to be in charge" one. I say that, or some variation of it, ninety million times a day! Or, "I'M THE GROWN UP AND I SAY SO!"

Stitching Mama said...

I hear ya! It's a constant thing around here... lol.