Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Plans

We had fun outdoor plans for Father's Day...and then it rained...again. We live in the Midwest, which means we've had more than our share of summer rain ALREADY. We're lucky in that we're not flooded and the tornados missed our neighborhood. Really, though, it's enough with the rain.

So, this is my public apology to my husband for not having a better back-up plan. It's not like I didn't know it might rain. I should have created an inside plan, but I didn't. Next year, I promise I'll get it right.

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Julie K said...

Be like me... just plan to feed him a good meal (can be moved indoors easily). Seriously, we had a fairly relaxing day... my husband had to grill outdoors with someone holding an umbrella over him, but he's no worse for the wear and the steaks were still great. So much for dinner on the patio this year, but after our company left, we had a nice walk around the block with our son on his scooter and then shot some basketball on the driveway. The evening was lovely.