Friday, June 6, 2008

Do I sound like that?

The girls are playing Mommy right now. I'm supposed to be working, so they don't realize I'm actually listening to them play. It's so funny to hear them talk to their babies and tell the "babysitter" what needs to be done. All I keep thinking is "Do I REALLY sound like that?"

Here are a few highlights:

"The babies have already had cookies and chocolate milk today, so please feed them string cheese, grapes, and crackers for snack. Don't let them scam you and ask for cookies."

"They need to go to bed at 6:35 p.m. They have to wash their face, brush their teeth and brush their hair. They can wear whatever they want, like their Christmas dresses to bed."

"You babies have to go to quiet time because you are whiney and driving me crazy."

"I love you baby, even when I'm mad at you."

"You can have a tomatoes, horseradish, and soup for lunch."

"No watching TV. You can go outside to play, but you cannot watch TV because you watched TV yesterday."

"You don't have to tell me when you have to go potty. You can just go into the bathroom and take care of it."

"It's warm outside so you have to drink more water."

2 comments:

jenn3 said...

Haha. I'm a bit worried about what I'll hear when my daughter is old enough to carry on full conversations! She already scolds her dolls and tells them to sit down. She also loves on them and tells them they're "big girls" so I guess I'm not a horrible parent.

Nicki said...

Hillarious! Well at least it sounds like you're a good mom! Uh except for maybe the Christmas dresses in bed...