Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Crazy Drivers

Two driving observations from today...

1. I was driving on the I-55 expressway this morning in the far left lane. The man in front of me was driving about 45 miles per hour. People were zipping by us. I was stuck behind the slow poke. It took a minute, but I realized that the reason he was driving so slowly was he was shaving as he drove. (Again, in the far left lane on a major expressway.) He was using a disposable razor and looking in the mirror to shave.

2. A few hours later, I was driving on I-294 when I saw a man in the car next to me eating a piece of fruit and talking on his phone. He was driving along without any hands on the wheel.

It was at that moment when I realized how grateful I am that I can work from home and do not have to drive with these nuts every day.

1 comment:

Mississippi Songbird said...

It's amazing, isn't it???
Do these people not know that it only takes a split second to lose control and your your life and others lives too???
I know what you mean..
Stay safe. Have a good week.