Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bargain Shopper

My husband is the best bargain shopper. I was born without the shopping gene. When my pair of black flats wears out, I go out to buy another pair of black flats. I never go shopping for "fun" or "recreation." For me, it's a way to get something I need. It's definitely not fun. I do try to find the best price for whatever I need. It's just not intuitive with me.

My husband, however, has a great eye for a bargain. He reads the newspapers and inserts constantly. He knows what we need, so he's always looking for a good price on something. He even thinks ahead to find great bargains on things we'll need for a holiday or even next year.

Here's a great example. The girls go up one size each year. We know they will need new winter coats next year. He found a great deal at a nice department store near our house. Tonight we bought the girls $100 Columbia jackets for $29.99 each. And, even better, the jackets are sized at 7/8. We might actually get two years out of them.

Okay, that might be stretching it a bit, but one can always hope. All I know is I'm really glad he's has an eye for a good quality bargain.

2 comments:

Mississippi Songbird said...

Those are great bargains. I love a bargain. That's why I love to shop on E-bay. I think it's the thrill of the hunt..lol

Happy Friday! You've been tagged. You can do it at your leisure, if you want to participate.. It's up to you..It's just a way to get to know you..
See my blog if you want to do the meme.. Have a Terrific Weekend!

Julie K said...

I'm like you in that I was born without the "shopping as a sport" gene. I keep a map of the local mall in my glove compartment so that I can park closest to the entrance near the store I need to hit (and because I'm in there so rarely that I certainly don't have the layout memorized). I do like a good bargin (and do scan the Sunday paper inserts). I hit an Old Navy sale last year for boy's down winter jackets similar to the deal you describe... but I bought a S, M and L coat (my son will hit the Small size in a year or two). I also ran into a great bargin on ski pants a couple of years ago... Target had dumped them at a Goodwill Store after the winter season and they were selling them for $1 a piece! I got a full set (3T, 4T, XS, S, M, L, XLG) for $6! Can't beat that when new they run about $30. I also had gotten a full set of sizes from XS to XLG for both my neice and nephew... it was worth the postage to mail them out-of-state.