Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Hippo

There's a fun Christmas song called, "I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas" that the girls just love. They laugh and sing every time it comes on the radio. Last year we heard it all the time. This year we have yet to hear it on the radio. Daddy, though, came to the rescue when he bought the CD.

So now we can listen to it all the time. Of course, we have the book about the song. The girls like to see the girl with her hippo. The newest addition to our collection is a pink and purple hippopotamus stuffed animal. This thing gets treated like royalty by the two girls. The brunette twin is hippo's official mommy, but the blond twin gets into the action as well. They do all the stuff they hear about in the song -- play with it, feed it, give it a massage. It's the top toy in the house right now.

It all make the girls happy, so we go with it. The problem is the song is kind of annoying and once I hear it, I cannot get it out of my head. There's nothing worse than when I'm trying to think of something and all that runs through my head is "I wanna hippopotamus for Christmas. A hippopotamus is all I want...."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me it's the chipmunk song. My son sings it ALL THE TIME. I cannot get it out of my head until about Valentine's Day.