Sunday, October 28, 2007

Scary Emails

Every day I receive several "warning" emails supposedly giving me important information regarding my family, health, safety, finances, etc. Sometimes you know the warnings sound a bit fishy, while other warnings sound credible. When you aren't sure whether or not it's true, check out Snopes. It's a great web site for all kinds of urban legends. The editors not only tell you whether your "important warning" is true or not, they help break down the back story. It is really interesting to read the top 25 urban legends currently circulating. You've probably heard about using Vick's to stop children from coughing at night. Is it true? Snopes says no, and tells you how it started. If nothing else, you'll learn something interesting to add to your small talk repertoire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooohh, I love SNOPES. Now I cannot stop reading it.