Sunday, September 16, 2007

Two Times the Whining

The girls had a fun, family birthday party last night. Since they were playing with their cousins until late, they didn't get enough sleep last night. I know everyone thinks that if they go to bed later they will sleep later, but it doesn't work that way. No matter what time they go to bed, they still wake up between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. each morning.

Today they are tired and whiney. I'm glad there are two of them and two of us. We use tag-team parenting often. Luckily we each have a shadow, so there's no fighting about which girl wants to hang all over which parent.

Today is one of those days I glad happened on the weekend when my husband is home. I would not want to do this by myself. Of course, it doesn't help that I have a small cold, so I'm whiney too. I guess my husband would really like to be at work today. If I had to put up with all three of us, I'd want to be working in an office too.

1 comment:

Julie K said...

My son is on the same schedule as your girls... up between 6:30 and 7am no matter what time he goes to sleep. We put a digital clock in his room and have told him he can't get out of bed until the clock says 7 (unless he has to go to the bathroom, but then back to bed). This works, for the most part (except when he's sick and comes to find me). We were both sick and whiney this weekend (my poor husband). I was able to force my son down for a nap around 1pm on Sunday (5 minutes of loud, crying protest, but it only took that 5 minutes to stroke his hair & cuddle and he passed out). A blissful nap of 2-1/2 hours that we both needed!