Thursday, September 13, 2007

Switch Planet Swap

We have a lot of stuff. Our girls are the youngest cousins, so everyone generously passes down their toys. We happily accept all cast-offs. And, we love hand-me-downs from our friends too! The problem is we have sooooo much stuff I don't always know what to do with the duplicates or toys the girls have outgrown. I just found a great web site to solve part of the problem.

September's Parenting magazine had an item about Switch Planet. It's a great site that allows you to swap DVD's, books, CD's, and more. You create a wish list. Other people see your list and send you the items. They get credit for their swap, and get points towards their own wish lists.

It was great fun just to read the lists. It's amazing what people are looking to add to their collections. Me, I'm going to go through our old kids and grown-up CD collection. I know I have stuff other people want. And, I know I want stuff other people want to get rid of. Nice way to recycle, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat idea!